Comfort Inn Redevelopment - 12 Stories | ??? Feet (Scotts' Addition)

Discussion threads for projects that have not begun construction in the City of Richmond. Includes sub-forum for suburban proposals.
Ryan Ramsey
Site Admin

Comfort Inn Redevelopment - 12 Stories | ??? Feet (Scotts' Addition)

Post by Ryan Ramsey » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:31 pm

Webcam Link: N/A

Address: 3200 West Broad Street

Estimated Completion Date: ????

Renderings:

To be released...

Salomonsky, White buy Scott’s Addition hotel property for $8M
J. Elias O'Neal wrote:A sizable chunk of Scott’s Addition real estate once stuck in legal limbo is now in the hands of new owners who are planning a $70 million mixed-use project for the site.

Developers Louis Salomonsky and David White closed Friday on their purchase of the former Quality Inn & Suites property at 3200 W. Broad St. Salomonsky said the purchase price, which had yet to be recorded, was approximately $8 million.

The 3.5-acre property, which fills a city block, includes the now-shuttered six-story hotel building along Broad Street. The property most recently was assessed for about $11 million, according to city records.

Salomonsky and White, who run Shockoe Bottom-based Historic Housing, are planning to overhaul the site with a $70 million redevelopment that includes 322 primarily market-rate apartments, commercial space and a parking deck.

The building will be redeveloped to include new apartments and commercial space. (Mike Platania)

Plans call for the existing building to be redeveloped to include 30,000 square feet of ground-level commercial space that Salomonsky said would extend to the sidewalk along Broad Street.

The remaining five stories would be converted into 117 apartments, mostly one-bedroom units.

The parking deck along West Marshall Street behind the building would be replaced with a 12-story residential tower with 205 one- and two-bedroom apartments, Salomonsky said. A 550-space, four-story parking deck is planned for the corner at West Marshall Street and Highpoint Avenue.
https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/12/03 ... operty-8m/
Ryan Ramsey || Site Administrator

Ryan Ramsey
Site Admin

Re: Comfort Inn Redevelopment - 12 Stories | ??? Feet (Scotts' Addition)

Post by Ryan Ramsey » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:33 pm

Just an FYI, I'll use this thread to discuss both the existing building rehabilitation as well as the new apartment building/parking deck.
Ryan Ramsey || Site Administrator

Eandslee

Re: Comfort Inn Redevelopment - 12 Stories | ??? Feet (Scotts' Addition)

Post by Eandslee » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:07 pm

Ryan Ramsey wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Just an FYI, I'll use this thread to discuss both the existing building rehabilitation as well as the new apartment building/parking deck.
I agree. This announcement was like a gift that kept giving - not only is the old Quality Inn being repurposed as a residential development, but the big surprise was the announcement of a 12-story tower to be built on the back side of the property!! If I’m not mistaken, this will be the tallest building in that neighborhood! If it actually ends up being 12 stories, this could set a new precedent for the area! A bold move - a game changer! Say what you will about the developer’s past transgressions, I’m glad he’s still around to turn Richmond around! The parking deck is just a bonus and also unexpected. Glad they have it in the plan. The other good news is that work will begin soon!