The Current I & II- 5 Stories | ??? Feet (Manchester)

Discussion threads for projects that have not begun construction in the City of Richmond. Includes sub-forum for suburban proposals.
Ryan Ramsey
Site Admin

The Current I & II- 5 Stories | ??? Feet (Manchester)

Post by Ryan Ramsey » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:40 am

Webcam Link: N/A

Address: 400 Hull Street

Estimated Completion Date: ????

Renderings:

$50M+ development planned for Hull St. in Manchester
A trio of developers with a history of investment on the Southside is going big in Manchester.

Lynx Ventures, launched recently by a group that includes former Fountainhead Properties co-founder Rick Gregory, is readying a 2-acre surface lot at 400 Hull St. for a $50 million to $60 million mixed-use development dubbed The Current.

Two five-story buildings will rise on the site: one with 40,000 square feet of office space in four stories and 6,000 square feet of ground-level retail mostly fronting Hull Street, and the other near Fourth and Hull streets that will house 214 apartments on four levels above 10,000 square feet of ground-level commercial space.

“We want for this project to be a catalyst piece,” Lynx principal Bernard Harkless said. “We want this to be a spark that really jumpstarts more development on the Southside … that’s why it’s called The Current.”

The firm, which owns the land, plans to submit its plan of development with the city by early summer, with construction set to kick off by October or November – taking about 20 months to complete. The site currently serves as parking for the group’s neighboring Plant Zero development.
https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/05/08 ... anchester/
Ryan Ramsey || Site Administrator

Ryan Ramsey
Site Admin

Re: The Current I & II- 5 Stories | ??? Feet (Manchester)

Post by Ryan Ramsey » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:44 am

An update.

In reversal, developers pledge affordable units in Manchester project up for tax break
A South Richmond development firm vying for a $4.5 million tax break from the city defended an agreement providing the incentive and, in a reversal, pledged to provide affordable housing in the project, according to a memo sent to members of the Richmond City Council.

Lynx Ventures is planning a mixed-use project in Manchester with more than 200 apartments, 40,000 square feet of office and commercial space, and a parking deck with about 270 spaces. The project, dubbed The Current, would rise on the 400 block of Hull Street.
https://www.richmond.com/news/local/cit ... 67632.html

Ryan Ramsey
Site Admin

Re: The Current I & II- 5 Stories | ??? Feet (Manchester)

Post by Ryan Ramsey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:02 am

As of December 2, 2018: No movement yet.